Friday, April 22, 2016

21 weeks now

On Monday i had my gynae visit.
It was the LONGEST experience I've ever had at KKH for an outpatient visit! Spent 4.5 hours at the hospital and exited the carpark with a shocking carpark fee of $11.68.

I had the 20-week detailed scan. Not sure if it was a technician's competency or an uncooperative baby - but I had to go in and out several times, seeing different sonographers each time, until they got a satisfactory image of the whatever they had to check.
count the waiting time between each room, the aloofness of the service associates (ah, you are just another number waiting in the queue), the back and forth, the waiting again to see the doctor because I was 1.5 hours late for my dr's appointment due to the incompleteness of the scan... This summed up to be the most frustrating experience I've ever had.

I was even late in sending ariel to school and had to call my dad for help because I couldn't make it in time.

I've never been so delayed from all my experiences at KKH before. I'm not a subsidised patient who should get used to a longer waiting time due to the sheer load. Sigh, my colleague encouraged me to give a feedback, but it was probably just a bad day and I left it as that.

Well, some not-so-good news.
First, i have to go for an oral glucose tolerance test to rule out gestational diabetes. What a bummer, i didn't have to do this when expecting ariel!
Secondly, I have a low placenta this round and it could mean i'll have to undergo and caesarean if it doesn't move up. Have to minimise carrying ariel :(
Thirdly, i have to go for another detailed scan to monitor the growth. Never had to do this with ariel too.

Can't help but feel concerned and fed up with the situation.

Ok lastly, the gender is out. I'm carrying a baby boy.

Ending this post with a cute picture of ariel. Always proud of my baby girl!


No comments: