Thursday, April 07, 2016

Time and Seasons

The first quarter of the year is gone.

It wasn't very smooth sailing as I was constantly bothered with nausea, tiredness, bloatedness, indigestion, episodes of URTI, insomia, even gastric pains... Yes, the first trimester was dreadful. That's finally over and I am now 19 weeks pregnant.

So, this is my 3rd pregnancy. And i am highly inclined to stop at 2 children.

Occasionally, i like to browse my old posts and photos and reminisce Ariel's younger days. Indeed, a smooth pregnancy and delivery and a healthy child is really a blessing and miracle from the good Lord.

I couldn't help but be pessimistic and think about the possible worse-case scenarios for this pregnancy. Didn't feel so much anticipation. Perhaps the miscarriage experience got to me. But this little one is determined. I felt fetal movements very early this time. I just pray for God's covering and that this child would be so perfect like my little ariel :)

Another transition that I'm grappling with is a new helper. The helper of 2 years has left. Ariel has gone through 3 caregivers since she was born. This time, it threw her off balance because she had more understanding & memories of the one who looked after her from 1-3 years of age.

I'm on a week's leave (enjoying it very very much) to ease the new helper into looking after ariel. Hang in there ariel, mummy will be working for another 4 months and I can be home with you when I start my ML!

I am giving serious thoughts about quitting my job and being a SAHM. Makes it more worthy when I look after 2. Plans are to utilise my ML fully and seek my management's approval for no-pay leave. See if i can get accustomed to such a life, else there's always a job to fall back on. I really do hope that if i pursue the SAHM route, i would be able to find some form of income generation from home.
Well, social life would be a compromise, but the motherly involvement for a child's growing years is something time and money cannot buy... I just have to find ways to continue staying relevant.

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 

6in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

My happy pill :) :) :) 

No comments: