I haven't even given birth yet, but here I am on leave again.
Just felt tired of work, and since there're no meetings today, i took the day off.
I'm only about 5.5 months currently, but I feel like I'm already developing last trimester syndromes. Argh.
Feel tingling at the toes (liken to the water retention feeling), quite bad lower back pain, sit on the floor got difficulty standing up, bend down a bit become breathless. Oh no! What's happening to me! I'm also not very big? I think I've gained about 5kg since the start. And i'm constantly tired, even though the 2nd trimester is supposed to be the "glowing" phase of pregnancy?
I envy my neighbour, who received a golden handshake from the bank. She is well remunerated for a year, and decided to be at home with the kids. Barely half a year has passed, but she yearns to go back to work. I guess there are always two sides of the coin.
If we women weren't so educated, we'll find more contentment looking after the kids and the house as a primary role rather than being out at the marketplace for a pay cheque? While i take delight thinking about being home with the kids, i also gotta bear reality in mind. Firstly, being able to earn an income is wonderful. You'll feel less restriction in your spending and can afford treats for your kids and self. i dont really have to think twice when I feel like buying something for my girl. Secondly, the social life. At work, i look forward to lunch breaks with close colleagues, chatting about work and life encounters. This will probably all be lost or greatly minimized.
What should our choices be? i want to be led by my heart and not have regrets down the road. Hope i can hit a win-win situation somehow. With the Lord, His plans are the greatest. Pls direct me to the best path.
There was a hfmd scare in ariel's class! Her partner (whom she holds hands with) got it and was in school during the contagious period for 2 or 3 days. another 2 playmates in their "gang" have already caught it.
i was so so concerned about ariel getting it, especially so because I am pregnant, and hfmd is known to cause still birth and complications. what to do but pray for divine protection and health? rounded up some trusted friends to pray for her, and i felt such overwhelming peace! cries and petitions to Heaven are simply wonderful. The Lord hears and the Lord cares. i still kept ariel at home yesterday as a precaution. But since she was all well and about, i decided to send her for class today. Moreover, she was rather destructive at home yesterday. Haha. Toddlers have too much energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment