Milestone for my baby Ariel!
She began school proper (Nursery 1) on 4 January 2016 at St. Hilda's Kindergarten at 35 months old.
I am so thankful for a place in this school, and particularly this class.
This school has a reputation of preparing kids well for Primary school, coupled with a solid Mandarin curriculum.
Ariel displayed some slight separation anxiety, but that is very normal for a first week or two. Overall, she assimilated well and I have MyGym to thank. Money well spent on a good playgroup for introduction to independence.
I'm also so proud of her for going diaper-less from her first day at class!
Generally, her class comprised of kids born in the earlier part of the year, so their progress and speed of learning was quite matched. I'm also secretly pleased when I picked her one day, her class teacher called her Xiao Lao Shi (Little Teacher). Yet to asked why though. But i take it as a positive comment, haha.
She's learning well and started singing Mandarin songs at home. really thankful to God for leading me to this school, for the favour of putting her in a well fitting class, and also getting to know a nice supportive group of mummies from her class. All things have turned out well.
Love my baby so so much!
*Nowadays she likes to say, I'm not a baby, I'm a girl :D
No comments:
Post a Comment