Thursday, October 14, 2010

Loyal me has been in NSC for 2 years!

How time flies!

I wonder how long more I'll be here... heh heh.

What's my work about? Very hard to define, because I do everything. from complaints about dirty toilets, getting shouted at by patients, being an assistant to close to 30 doctors, investigating events that went wrong, handling staff squabbles, amongst many other duties.

my most stressful period of the day? say, I'm counting the cash collection of a staff who has closed her counter and is looking forward to going home. with 1K plus worth of cash on hand, the phone rings (doctor needs help to trace blood results of patient). Brain to multi-task: *call lab to trace*. suddenly, door opens and pale-faced staff rushes in, "there's a patient shouting at the counter because he has waited very long to see doctor. wants to speak to in-charge". another staff walks in "patient no appointment, insist on seeing doctor today". yet another staff walks in and presses you to settle another problem.

My heart palpitates so fast that I feel like i'm gonna have a heart attack anytime! work hazard... haha! anyway, can't last too long in this hectic environment without burning out.

Oh no! I'm seeing a bunching of patients waiting as I'm typing this. Gotta zip off once again so that I do not become liable for potential complaints!

No comments: